To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winchester, VA 22602
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Member Service Rep I - Winchester Call Center
Navy Federal Credit Union • Winchester, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To respond to inquiries and requests from members and other individuals within a 24/7 high volume, schedule-driven and structured contact center operation (CCO). Provide information regarding Navy Federal products and services demonstrating knowledge, active listening, multiple system adaptability, and engagement methods to ensure optimal member experience and customer service. Perform transactions or related functions for savings, checking, consumer loans, credit cards, IRAs, and/or other Navy Federal accounts. Advise members of other products and services that may fit their needs and provide opportunities for positive member interaction. Note: Some responsibilities/qualifications may only apply to certain branches (e.g., Loan Officer – Consumer Lending).
• Provide member service via phone or other media (e.g. email, chat, etc.)
• Protect and verify identity of caller; review account information for alerts and account irregularities
• Take action and respond to situations/patterns of activity indicating potential fraud or abuse
• Understand and comply with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services
• Analyze, research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loans
• Counsel current prospective members about Navy Federal’s products and services
• Execute first call resolution; may require research, follow-up, return calls
• Identify opportunities to cross service products and increase product penetration
• Perform account transactions
• Initiate fee adjustments and/or other monetary incentives for members within scope of authority
• Effectively perform all duties required for MSRs – CCO
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Familiarity with savings and checking products, accounts and services
• Basic skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Basic skill maintaining composure in a high production and changing environment
• Basic skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Basic skill performing basic mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Effective active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and account requests
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Basic skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Basic skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Basic skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
• Basic organizational, planning and time management skills
• Basic skill in resolving member/customer problems
• Exposure to high volume call center situations
• Exposure to member/customer service preferably in a call center, retail banking, or financial institution
• Familiarity with accounting, credit and/or lending principles and techniques
• Basic skill in using appropriate cross servicing techniques and member engagement methods
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the
Bank Secrecy Act.
NOTE: An assessment may be required to compete for this position. The assessment will be emailed if you are selected to move forward to the next step.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability