Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit URL blocked - click to apply or URL blocked - click to apply.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- World class operations offering a wide variety of challenges
- Opportunity for technical and managerial progression
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions (three year vesting) of 5% of eligible pay, for a total of 10% Company contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program covering 100% of approved courses based on academic performance
Posting Title: Senior Process Control Engineer
Location: Green River, Wyoming
Do you have experience designing and implementing controls systems? If so, this role is for you!!! The Senior Process Control Engineer is a key contributor at our Green River, WY facility, supporting the Process Controls Department.
The successful candidate will provide application/control systems design and development for systems of varied complexity to support capital plant and maintenance engineering projects. The Senior Process Control Engineer will be required to develop technical solutions and evaluate alternative system solutions that meet best practices and corporate requirements.
- Provides application/control systems design and development for systems of varied complexity to support capital plant and maintenance engineering projects
- Develops and evaluates alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements
- Modifies program/system logic involving multiple systems and subsystems
- Develops proficiency in multiple programming languages
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to identify the system components and develop the design and functional specifications for the automation systems
- Ensures projects comply with regulatory requirements
- Technical resource in process control
- Compliance with Process safety, ergonomic, MSHA, ISO 9000, environmental agencies, applicable codes and regulatory agencies
- Ensures projects comply with COS
- Departmental record keeping and databases
- Manages the process control network development and problems
- Responsible for process control problems shutting down operations
- Design and implementation of new control systems projects
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in Chemical, Electrical, Automation, or Process Control Engineering
- 15 years of relevant experience as a support engineer, in areas including maintenance and/or process control
- PLC, DCS hardware architecture and wiring experience
- Programing experience and interest, knowledge of control theory and thorough understanding of common instrumentation
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of computer network
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.