ECS is seeking an ISSO (TS/SCI Cleared) to work in our Washington, DC office.
ECS is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) with DIACAP and/or RMF experience who has deep expertise in security assessment documentation to support Dept of Commerce systems and efforts to achieve their Authorization to Operate (ATO). It is located at the client site in the Herbert Hoover building in Washington, DC.The scope of this position includes full life-cycle Assessment and Authorization (A&A) management through all 6 Steps of the RMF process in support of the Government ISSM.
In this role, you'll conduct security assessment, and information system security oversight activities in accordance with NIST 800.53 that support systems from the perspective RMF requirements. Review systems to identify potential security weaknesses and recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes, and document upgrades. Maintain responsibility for managing cybersecurity risk from an organizational perspective. Identify organizational risks, prioritize those risks, and maintain a risk registry for escalating and presenting those risks to senior leadership.
Provide security guidance and IS validation using National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) RMF, DoC, and local security policies.
Provide configuration management (CM) recommendations for information system security software, hardware, and firmware and coordinating changes and modifications with the ISSM, Security Control Assessor (SCA), and Authorizing Official (AO).
Maintaining vulnerability scanning tool compliance, such as HBSS or ACAS and patch management, such as IAVM to ensure IT staff pushes patches to all systems in an effort to maintain compliance with all applicable directives, managing system changes, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
Support security authorization activities, including transitioning from the legacy Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) to compliance with the DoC RMF.
Provides subject matter expertise for cyber security and trusted system technology. Applies advanced technical knowledge and analysis of specialized functional areas in task requirements to develop solutions to complex problems. Researches, writes, reviews, disposition feedback and finalizes recommendations regarding cyber security policy, assessment and authorization assessments (A&As), security test and evaluation reports, and security engineering practices and processes. Conducts research and writes risk assessment reports to include risk thresholds, evaluation, and scoring. Supports analysis of the findings and provides expert technical guidance for mitigation strategies, including implementation advice on the cyber security risk findings. and other complex problems. Must hold a Top Secret Personnel clearance with eligibility for access to SCI.
- Must have an active TS/SCI or eligibility for access to SCI.
- A Minimum of five (5) years' experience as an Information Assurance (IA) Analyst, ISSE, ISSO, or similar role in ATO package development, including generating security documentation for requirements, security control assessment, STIG and IAVA compliance, Standard Operating Procedures, test results, etc.
- eMASS experience
- Professional security certification such as: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP or higher
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong desktop publishing skills using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- CISSP, CASP, or similar certificate is preferred
- Master's degree in cybersecurity or information technology
- Strong initiative, detail orientation, organizational skills, aptitude for analytical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent work ethic and a high commitment to quality
Thank you for taking the time to read about our opportunity and to consider ECS for your career. We look forward to talking with you about this position.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Fire Control Systems