Payroll professionals, are you looking for rewarding new challenges with some of the nation's top companies? Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to clients who are looking for Payroll Specialists. Our recruiting staff gives you an advantage over your competition by promoting your strengths and assets directly to hiring managers while helping you to be more prepared for your interviews.
From keeping you up to date on market trends and industry expectations, to providing you with valuable insight into the company's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities of specific clients, Vaco will give you the edge you need in today's highly competitive job marketplace. If you have a strong industry background and are looking for new opportunities to move your career forward, let Vaco open the door for you. Apply today!
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for using payroll software to record and process all employee time and payroll data. This will require that you observe and manage multiple deadlines.
Your daily duties and responsibilities in this role will generally include:
- Tracking and auditing employee time and attendance
- Maintaining employee vacation/PTO calendars
- Maintaining database, including all additions, terminations and changes
- Managing all employee deductions, both mandatory and voluntary
- Conducting monthly, quarterly and yearly reconciliation and reporting
- Providing overall support to the HR department
- Completing special projects as assigned
As a Payroll Specialist, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and to manage multiple deadlines. It is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• 2 year degree
• Minimum 2 years' experience processing payroll
• Experience utilizing payroll software
• PeopleSoft experience
Attention To Detail