To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Wayne, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Account Manager - NW Ohio & Northern Indiana- Paints & Coatings
AkzoNobel Inc • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Develop and communicate strategic sales plans to grow market share and sales revenue in the territory and segment while maintaining business unit profitability goals.
- Prospect, sell and close new accounts that meet sBU profitability goals.
- Provide front line support for powder coating applications at strategic accounts.
- Actively manage the Cost-to-Serve at each account.
- Actively manage travel and expense budgets for the territory.
- Ownership for the demand planning process and metrics for the territory aimed at delivering increased customer satisfaction.
- Use and management of Sales Force Automation Tools utilized by the business unit.
- Operate and practice according to AkzoNobel Code of Conduct.
- Participate in the New Product Process through development of ideas and information to support new stage gate processes.
- Manage working capital for the territory through active management of accounts receivables and inventory.
- Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioural Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
- Participate in the Powder Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behaviour are unsafe.
- Promotes health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Seeks leads for new business through contacts at existing accounts.
- Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
BS Management, Marketing, Chemistry, Engineering or Business MBA preferred.
5 years commercial powder coating or related experience involving customer contact/sales
- Strong Bias for action and confidence
- Financial Acumen
- Highly developed negotiating and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Client relationship management
Self motivation, prospecting, contact preparation, follow-up, close, opportunity analysis, ability to prioritize effectively, strategic and tactical thinking
Trouble shooting skills, ability to learn technical aspects of powder coating, technical communication
Written, Oral, and Presentation Skills:
Ability to effectively communicate internally and with customers, presentation development and delivery
Proficient in MS applications including Internet Explorer, Word and Excel
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.