Work location will be:
425 Better Way
Make your mark with us!
To learn more about working at U.S. Venture, watch this video: URL blocked - click to apply
U.S. AutoForce, a rapidly growing tire and parts distributor with over 30 locations throughout the US, is looking to fill a newly created Controller position. This position will report to the AutoForce VP of Finance and will oversee all accounting, finance and reporting activities for the division. We are seeking an experienced leader skilled in analyzing data to drive better business decisions, collaborating with others to develop creative solutions and optimizing processes to increase efficiency.
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting systems and procedures necessary to promote profitable operations, safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with both GAAP and applicable regulations
- Supervise and help prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements, monthly reporting package and BOD materials
- Lead regional warehouse financial review meetings with finance, sales and operations where both key warehouse KPI’s as well as warehouse profitability are analyzed
- Lead the forecasting and budgeting process and participate as divisional lead in implementation of a corporate performance management solution
- Oversee all divisional requirements for the annual audit and assist with preparation of audit documents
- Analyze financial data to make recommendations to drive profitable growth
- Participate in due diligence for potential acquisitions, prepare purchase accounting for acquired businesses and lead integration of finance functions for all acquisitions
- Collaborate with operations and department managers to identify and/or provide support to planning and growth initiatives through financial analysis, reports and recommendations
- Ensure necessary internal controls are in place and functioning as designed as outlined in the Internal Control Framework.
- Identify and implement solutions to transform finance function from transactional to more analytical through leveraging of technology
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate direct reports
- 4 year accounting degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA required
- Minimum 10 years of broad accounting and managerial experience
- Proven leader with high professional ethics and unquestionable integrity
- Good decision maker who is well organized and can prioritize and plan ahead
- Excellent communicator and listener who is assertive yet personable and flexible
- Advanced knowledge of information technology
- Supervisory skills and demonstrated ability to work with a diverse organization where group interaction, communication, and human relations are critical
- Above average scanning accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of computer spreadsheets and accounting systems and a desire to find ways to use technology to accomplish business objectives
- An excellent problem solver who can investigate an issue, find the cause, make necessary corrections and formulate/communicate new policies if necessary
U.S. Venture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call Human Resources at URL blocked - click to apply.
Cost Accounting Procedures
Annual Financial Report