Position: Licensed Practical Nurse – Clinic
Under the direction of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and/or the Director / Office Supervisor, the LPN performs diagnostic procedures, assists the provider with patient procedures and performs routine laboratory tests.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
• Licensed Practical Nurse must be currently licensed to practice in the State of Indiana.
• Minimum of 2 years of current clinical experience in order to acquire a thorough knowledge of scientific principles of nursing and professional nursing standards, and develop skill in nursing techniques and the ability to adapt techniques to individual patient needs.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care for all age groups and their family members.
• CPR certificate is required.
• Must demonstrate ability in taking patient vitals, injections/immunizations, charting and documentation, infectious waste handling, sterile technique and routine lab procedures including collection.
• Excellent attitude, interpersonal skills and communication abilities necessary to interact with patients, physicians and other hospital associates.