Accounts Payable Clerk ABOUT THE COMPANY AND OPPORTUNITY:Our client, located in NORWALK, is a Not for Profit agency founded in 1967. We are looking for individuals with a passion for serving others to become a part of their team of dedicated and committed staff who go above and beyond to ensure their community is well taken care of. If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!! The ideal candidate would be a service minded individual with at least TWO years of accounting experience! GREAT GROWTH OPPORTUNITY and BENEFITS PACKAGE!! • Generous Holiday and PTO benefits
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Flexible Scheduling
• Mileage Reimbursement
• 401K Traditional and ROTH
• Employer Funded Pension Plan
• Training and Educational Assistance * ACCOUNTS PAYABLE * Responsibilities: • Opens mail daily and checks invoices against open purchase orders, distribute copies of unmatched invoices to ordering department.
• Periodically checks outstanding invoices and takes necessary steps to make payments.
• Maintains accurate vendor master files.
• Enters invoice data, matches purchase orders and invoices for back-up, verifying code to general ledger.
• Prints and prepares accurate checks and vendor invoices for mailing and filing.
• Prepares Accounts Payable checks.
• Prints accounts payable aging reports and maintains accounts payable files.
• Prepares analysis of accounts as required.
• Assists in monthly closings.
• Responds to vendor and staff inquiries.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed. Requirements: • Associates Degree in accounting, preferred
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Minimum of 2 years AP experience