To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2575 Boyce Plaza Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Worker (Counselor)
Southwood Psychiatric Hospital • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Unit Specific Performance Objectives
1. Serves as the \u0022Lead Therapist\u0022 for the \u0022Team\u0022 consisting minimally of a Mental Health Professional and a Mental Health Worker assigned to the consumer and his/her family. Accountable to the Program Manager for the treatment provided by the Team to the consumer and his/her family.
2. Assists Program Manager in supervising other members of the Team.
3.Directs and provides family-based therapy to assigned consumers and families using primarily the \u0022structural family therapy\u0022 model of systemic intervention through sessions with individuals, family subsystems, or involved collaterals.
4.Employs additional treatment interventions including psychoeducational therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, recreational therapy, parent skill training, assertiveness training, modeling, coping skills training, and crisis intervention.
5.Assists consumers and families build working relationships with key providers in the larger community, educational and social services systems. Works with other service providers to arrange and/or coordinate family support services required by assigned consumers and families.
6.Engages the consumer and his/her family in a process, which allows the consumer and his/her family members to identify specific goals for the family-based services in order to maintain the consumer in the home.
7.Documents specific goals from intake to discharge and after-care planning for the consumer's medical record.
8. Maintains a maximum caseload of eight assigned consumers and families on a 24- hour/ 7-days per week basis in addition to scheduled sessions to assist with crisis situations.
9. Provides consumers and their families with options for day and evening hours for scheduling regular sessions and is available a minimum of two evenings per week for regularly scheduled sessions to assigned caseload.
10. Expected to meet agreed upon billable hours. * 60% of billable hours with partner * 40% of billable hours individually.
11.Shares on-call duties with other program staff of a regular rotation.
12. Maintains Team's program productivity standards.
13. Participates in family-based therapy training as mandated by the Office of Mental Health for a three-year period.
14. Attends other training on family systems, growth and development, structural family therapy, local resources for families and treatment documentation.
15. Participates in own performance process.
16. Possesses knowledge of age specific growth and development.
17. Maintains competence in identified universal, core, and critical competencies.
18. Performs other duties as requested.