To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7130 Mechanicsville Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Courier - Part Time
Pace Analytical • Richmond, VA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Pace Analytical Services is seeking an energetic and motivated individual with clean driving record to serve as Part Time Courier. Provides on-call courier pickups and delivery for customers. Provides bottle inventory supplies as needed. This includes periodic checkup (one per week or more often if necessary).
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thurday, & Friday 12 PM - 5 PMResponsibilities
- Driving personal vehicle to deliver or pick up samples/bottle orders to customers
- Responding to customer calls regarding bottle orders, bottle stocking/inventory, bottle drop offs and sample pick-up
- Developing rapport with customers
- Working with Client Services to fill out bottle orders, follow through on sample pick-ups or bottle drops that may have come through the Project Managers
- Providing information regarding projects, bottles, preservatives, DocuNet, etc. to help aid in showing our competence in the environmental field
- Providing account executives and project managers with critical information about customers
- Ensuring that maintenance of company vehicles is scheduled and completed
- Ensuring that company vehicles are kept clean and orderly on the inside
- Promoting cooperation and teamwork among staff
- Following Pace policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the laboratory service area
- One year experience as a courier is preferable
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memo
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste and smell