Do you have experience in plant/facility production, quality control, and maintenance? Perhaps warehousing experience, including shipping and receiving? Are you willing to operate material handling equipment including forklift, skid steer and other equipment? Are you self-motivated and customer focused? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and ingredients. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Assist in all aspects of fertilizer plant operations and of warehouse operations duties. To include but not limited to; stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, forklift and general housekeeping. Role requires strong mechanical ability and aptitude. Must enjoy working with diverse customer base in a fast-paced setting.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, pallet jack, and other equipment as required
- Ability to repetitively bend and lift boxes and bags up to 80 lbs. while working in a non-climate controlled
- Good computer, math, and organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Climb ladders to access tower for maintenance and other duties
- Able to access confined spaces for maintenance of equipment
- Willing and desires to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude at all times
- Enjoys and embraces a diverse/variety of job duties and responsibilities
- Person should be versatile, flexible, and willing.
- Can effectively multi-task
- Ability to work and contribute to a team with a positive attitude and outlook
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Handle all bulk materials (dry fertilizer storage, labeling, maintenance, etc.)
- Perform facility cleanliness and upkeep
- Complete repairs, maintenance and safety issues on all facility equipment
- Secure facility at the end of each day
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained
- Wear proper safety equipment per SDS sheets of chemical being handled by employee
- Unload semi-trucks and railcars
- Monitor all equipment for leaks, spills or damage
- Ensure the security of the facility and all aspects of it which may include but are not limited to, locking out electrical switches, making sure all motors are locked out at the end of the day
- All electrical cords and outlets are well taken care of
- Report any issues with equipment to the manager right away
- Assist with shop repair work and equipment maintenance when needed
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
fertilizer fertilizer fertilizer fertilizer fertilizer fertilizer fertilizer
chemicals chemicals chemicals chemicals chemicals chemicals chemicals
agriculture agriculture agriculture agriculture agriculture agriculture agriculture
Packaging And Labeling