Job ID: 153604
Texas Materials is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Drives water truck with capacity of 3,000 gallons, to transport water to and from specified destinations. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Drives truck to destination in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for loading truck either from water tower or other designated source.
- Responsible for applying water to construction area either for dust control or to help achieve compaction of construction materials.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Assigned to be “over the road” or limited to a construction site.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water; refer major problems to the Foreman.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections to the truck with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Assist crew with other tasks when not operating water truck.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Reliable attendance is essential in performance of this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.Work Requirements
- Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License with Tank Endorsement. (Class B)
- Must be able to pass medical exam to possess a medical card according to DOT regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to drive, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, climb and sit. The employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, squat, stand; walk, reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Climb: ascend/descend three point entry into cab of equipment.
- Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (0-100 lbs.) from one level to another.
- Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (50-70 lbs.) directly on hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to another.
- Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
- Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (70 lbs.) to move it from one location to another.
- Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
- Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body weight on one or both knees.
- Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with partial flexion of the knee while standing.
- Twist: using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
- Fumes: vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the result of combustion or chemical reaction.
- Gases: carbon monoxide and ozone.
- Dust: airborne particles of any kind such as dust.
- Hazards: closeness to moving mechanical parts; slipping while ascending/descending equipment cab; exposure to high temperatures during the summer and cold temperatures during the winter.
- Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses (prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest, gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Operate Wheeled Vehicle
Report Mechanical Failure