Commercial Services / Business Banking Portfolio Officer
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
Location: Pittsford, NY
Education/Training: A B.S. or B.A. degree in a related field normally required; specialized commercial services education and training.
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills
Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
Knowledge of the features and benefits of bank commercial and retail products and services
Technical knowledge sufficient to manage a moderate loan portfolio with noncomplex credits
Working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures which impact commercial services
Technical skills sufficient to provide guidance and training to Branch Managers and other Branch personnel
Valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of four (4) years' experience in related positions normally required.
Responsible for evaluating the underwriting and risk levels associated with the Business Banking Loan Portfolio; achieving customer service goals as established in the Commercial Services Division’s annual operating plan; assisting senior portfolio manager with portfolio administration duties; complying with operating policies and procedures established for the commercial services function; communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports; providing guidance and on-the-job training to branch personnel or Commercial Services Officer I(s).
Manages the underwriting and risk levels associated with the Business Banking Loan Portfolio as illustrated by the following:
- Manages the annual review of the risk associated with the Business Banking portfolio.
- Makes decisions and structures all loan requests for the Business Banking Unit within approved authority levels.
- Coordinates loan closings with Relationship Managers.
- Offers education and training for Relationship Managers on various credit structures and pricing related issues.
- Complies with established operating policies and procedures in order to maintain adequate controls and to support the bank’s adherence to outside regulatory requirements.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness.
- Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate objectives and activities.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from other bank personnel, customers, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Maintains appropriate records and provides assigned reports.
- Provides guidance, on-the-job training, and technical assistance to Commercial Services Officer I(s) and branch personnel.
- May attend sales and trade meetings as a bank representative to develop new business and to gain information and leads on new business products or processes.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the position, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
About Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Company
As the only local, full-service, community-owned financial institution in the Rochester area, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is investing in you, your business, and your community through our products, personal service, technology, and community support. Our Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Professionalism, and Commitment represent who we are and what we do, each and every day. That's what makes us different from our competitors and a great place to work! Before making any business decision, we carefully consider how it will affect the people who rely on us the most: our valued customers, the communities we serve, our employees, and shareholders. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs include:
- Challenging Work
- Excellent Culture
- Extraordinary Co-Workers
- Great Rewards including a strong benefits package, learning opportunities, flexibility, and other perks aimed at creating a solid work/life balance.
We encourage Bi-lingual candidates, including American Sign Language to apply.
Canandaigua National Corporation and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.