- Organizing, sorting, and mailing of claims letters, claim forms, medical authorization forms, and claims correspondence.
- Responding promptly with completing mail, fax, and miscellaneous requests for customers, agents, and examiners.
- Process returned mail procedures, check requests, and other claims assignment tasks.
- Prompt and accurate processing of wellness/screening claims and other claims as assigned using the required procedures and timelines.
- Completing phone calls to customers and medical providers to obtain information needed to process claims.
- Documenting system memos and claim files with all phone calls, issues, and correspondence.
- Assist the Corporate Services Department with claims related functions when needed.
- Complete additional department support tasks, various projects, and training as assigned.
Primary Skills and Abilities
- Required to handle all related work and customer, agent and company information in a highly confidential manner
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organization, analytical, and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well independently and a team player
Education and Experience
- 2 to 5 years business/office experience
- Computer skills
- Basic medical terminology helpful
- High School/GED
- Attention To Detail
- Claim Processing