To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Somerville, MA 02145
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources - HR Lead (Somerville, MA #3486)
Kmart • Somerville, MA
Posted 2 months ago
This highly motivated individual will both implement and coordinate human resources functions within Kmart stores. He/she will have responsibility for store HR administration, associate screening, on-boarding, and training, as well as employee engagement. This position reports to the Store Manager.
* Coordinates associate recognition programs including birthday and anniversary recognition.
* Regularly updates associate communication bulletin board.
* Maintains an "open-door" policy to effectively address associate needs.
* Leads by example by exhibiting a positive attitude and a sense of collaboration.
* Responsible for coordinating and facilitating associate orientation.
* Initiates annual hourly employment review process by providing managers with necessary tools. Holds managers accountable to deadlines to ensure evaluations are completed within the appropriate timeframe.
* Adheres to privacy requirements and maintains confidentiality of associate information.
* Ensures all necessary new associate paperwork is submitted in accordance company guidelines.
* Maintains compliance with regard to associate drug testing and background check policies.
* Ensures store compliance for monthly HR Review process.
* Responds to associate inquiries on policy, benefits, and compensation; understands proper methods and resources available to obtain information or direct associates and/or managers regarding non-routine inquiries.
* Responsible for maintenance of online application system.
Effectiveness/ Attains Results:
* Understands HR Scorecard and assists management in holding associates accountable to meet defined goals.
* Proactively monitors ongoing associate training completion to meet 90% minimum monthly requirement.
* Processes and reconciles weekly time sheets; follows up with employees to ensure accuracy.
* Ensures that HR administration is completed in accordance with company guidelines.
* Maintains the online application system to ensure adequate candidate flow for hourly store openings.
* Maintains associate information in labor and scheduling tool to aide in optimal staffing with in store and compliance with federal, state and local labor laws.
Effective Decision Making:
* Assists in resolving associate issues; escalates issues to store manager or appropriate management as necessary. * Conducts candidate pre-screen interviews to provide store with a qualified candidate pool to fill open positions.
* Maintains working knowledge Kmart's employment policies and practices and ensures awareness and compliance throughout store.
* High School Diploma required.
* 3-5 years experience in a retail environment preferred.
* Some human resources experience preferred, but not required.
* Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
* Ability to set priorities and effectively manage time.
* Proven ability to build teams and encourage/model collaboration.
* Prior experience and high comfort level with computer programs and systems.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
* Strong decision making skills.
* Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and build a high level of trust.
* Ability to effectively communicate with both management and associates.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
The duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of roles or responsibilities.