Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
Capitalizing on knowledge and innovation, comprehensive resources, and technology, Volt provides top talent to the many thousands of clients across the globe. Over 60 years of unwavering focus on the issues of workforce management have gained us a reputation of being one of the most knowledgeable and accomplished strategic workforce partners in business for clients and candidates alike.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking a Senior Reliability Database Devleoper to work onsite at John Deere’s facility in Waterloo, IA. This is a contingent position expected to last 1 year.
Sr. Reliability Database Developer
What you will do:
As a Sr. Reliability Database Developer at John Deere, you will work on a cross-functional team focused on Database Development, Data Science, and Data Toolchains related to Engine Quality, Engine Reliability and Machine Health. You will work to develop methods, tools and processes to mine warranty and machine data, analyze current reliability and predict future reliability. There will be a focus on data mining from multiple data sources as well as an emphasis on processing of large data sets and the use of machine learning and automation. The position works closely with Information Technology (IT) teams focused on data, databases and data science.
Reliability database processing and development:
- Maintaining and updating legacy Reliability database
- Working with Reliability and IT teams to transition to cloud based data sources
- Weekly and monthly mining of multiple databases around the globe for Quality and Reliability reporting
- Incorporating analysis tools into databases and database toolchains
- Develop toolchains and methodology to model and track reliability throughout the product lifecycle
- Focus on Machine Learning and Automation
- Provide leadership to less experienced employees in the area of database programing and data science
Be passionate about providing database and Reliability Engineering support to a cross functional engine engineering team
Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer of agriculture and construction equipment
Recognize the importance and demonstrate capability in building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, Data Science or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of database systems, data analytics, and business intelligence tools
- Strong knowledge with database software and commands, emphasis on SQL and Microsoft Access
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience in programing; Python, R, or similar
- Advanced degree or 5 years’ experience working in Computer Science, IT or related discipline
- Understanding of reliability analysis
- Experience with engines, heavy equipment and manufacturing
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide or MDAW for processing quality and reliability data
- Experience serving as a mentor in data science and statistical analysis to less experience employees
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with SharePoint, InfoPath and Nintex Workflows
Must be available to work on W2 for Volt. No C2C or 3rd Party Vendors Please.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Microsoft Share Point