To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- The Dalles, OR 97058
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Material Handler Lead
XPO Logistics, Inc. • The Dalles, OR
Posted 1 month ago
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, you won’t just be moving material, you’ll be building a bright future. As the Material Handler Lead, you’ll have an important role in helping our team deliver exceptional customer service. You’ll provide daily oversight and leadership of the department’s processes and resources. XPO was ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics and we’re the fastest-growing company in the Fortune 500. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure all work is performed safely and according to safety procedures
- Provide on-the-job training for new associates on department processes
- Participate in and direct the team in using Lean warehousing methodologies
- Perform departmental processes and tasks
- Safely operate equipment to complete duties
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Experience with warehouse management systems (WMS)
- Knowledge of quality management systems (QMS) and Lean warehousing methodologies
- Experience operating material handling equipment and using a handheld scanner
It’d be great if you also have:
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, with possible overtime when needed
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Bend, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull
- Stand, sit or walk for long periods of time
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel tools or equipment
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.