As a Tax Manager, you will use your expertise in taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to corporations. Candidates must be familiar with the tax consulting process and possess the analytical skills necessary for the effective diagnosis, development and implementation of solutions to clients' tax needs. You will have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative approaches to resolve client issues.
In your important role as Tax Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services, including planning, research, compliance, and general mergers and acquisitions activities
- Assist with new business development, extended service and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Manage corporate client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Review the calculation of ASC 740 tax provisions
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Provide industry knowledge and experience
- 5 years’ experience working in a public accounting firm with current tax experience with a strong background in Partnerships, S Corporations and C Corporations and Commercial industries. Must have ASC740 experience.
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- CPA certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Experience working for a Big 4 or large national accounting firm
- Proficient in corporate taxation and consolidated tax returns.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Standard Accounting Practices