To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Principal Product Engineer
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Involved with the analysis, design, development and implementation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems. May include Architectural Design, Requirements Engineering, or others. Determines system specifications. Supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed). Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget. Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems. May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently
- Support with the Qualification Test and Conformance Inspection efforts of product line
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Develop prototypes to retire key risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Working with the Engineering Team, support verification and validation of the product via ECT, DVT and formal qualification
- Support Product Transition to Production
- As the product design expert for activities downstream of product development, work with NPI/Manufacturing in the successful transition of the product into both LRIP and FRP
- Product Sustainment in Production
- Responsible for assisting Operations team (NPI/Manufacturing Engineering, Assembly & Test, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance) in performing effective root cause and corrective action of product issues, be it process related, build related or design related
- Attend and lead FRB team
- Responsible for product obsolescence analysis and re-design as necessary
- Responsible for incorporation of ECOs resulting from CCB-approved CRs or ECPs, work with Project Engineers depending upon magnitude of product re-design/upgrade
- Work with PM, Contracts and QA on any RMA issues
- Product POC for resolving customer questions on fielded products, work with ILS and FSR to ensure customer satisfaction with product fielding and use
- Support retirement and disposal of products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Engineering Leadership experience
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LEL