Do you enjoy contributing to a forward thinking and collaborative environment? Do you enjoy having your ideas heard and considered? That’s a coincidence, so do we! Keep reading, this might be for you!
The team here at Johnson Electric is excited to announce that we are now in search of a Business Development Manager for our Vandalia, OH location.
The lucky candidate who fills this key role will oversee global strategic planning and profitable growth of the Solenoid and Flat Flexible Cable Product Lines and for leading global business development and marketing activities for these product lines. Looking for a true leader who can identify unrealized market needs and develop new product solutions. Most important, this person must enjoy their work. Although we have the normal everyday job description this position is much more than a list of responsibility. We operate in many grey areas and our new Business Development Manager will have the opportunity to leave their professional signature on many aspects of our business. We will hear you and we will value your contributions to our team’s success.
Still reading? Interested? Want to know more? Keep on reading!
Wondering what to expect in the day to day?
- Create and execute strategic planning aligned to a 5-year strategy to grow business. Monitor forecast, budget, and progress to our 5-year plan. Act on drivers to meet objectives.
- On-going market research to identify segments where JE can grow by understanding unrealized market needs, competition, supplier, regulation, and company's existing and future capabilities
- Manage existing lines and develop new product line solutions that are sustainable and profitable
- Assess Request for Quotes, project viability and prepare quotation, set pricing, and highlight value proposition.
- Develop Sales Tools and train sales force on product differentiation
- Manage a Product Marketing Manager and a Sales and Marketing Assistant
- Manage customer visits, agendas relationships and concerns
Other than being a genuine, high performing individual (Who enjoys having a bit of fun) we do have some basic qualifications we should mention. We desire a culture fit and the skills that come with industry experience and a strong desire to develop and succeed.
The need to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or engineering.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for sponsorship now or in future.
- 3+ Years of experience in strategic planning, business development and marketing.
- 3+ Years of leadership experience.
The nice to haves:
- 10+ Years of experience in strategic planning, business development, and marketing.
- Inquisitive self-starter with a high degree of business acumen.
- Analytical with strategic and logical decision-making skills.
- Strong execution and communication skills.
- Master’s degree in marketing, business, or engineering.
- New product development and marketing.
- Business Development in the manufacturing space.
- Salesforce Experience
You did it, you stayed with us! You’ve read a lot about what you will offer us. Let’s talk what we offer you:
- An open minded, collaborative team full of enthusiastic and friendly professionals
- Remote work options and leadership that understands you’re also human and provides the flexibility to realize that.
- The opportunity to develop and stretch your comfort zone
- The opportunity to contribute to others development
- Competitive holiday, vacation and other PTO pay
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits starting day 1
- 401k with competitive matching
We are happy you took the time to read a little about us and the position. We are excited to do the same with you, please apply with your resume and our talent team will take it from there.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Product Marketing
- Business Development
- Marketing Management
- Market Research
- New Business Development