Under the general direction of the Manager, works on complex engineering projects and assignments, provides expertise on studies, integrates, enhances and supports advanced applications. Acts as coordinator or subject matter expert (as needed) in the design, engineering and testing of market software (Real Time and Day Ahead Market Applications) and network applications (State Estimator (SE), Real Time Contingency Analysis (RTCA), Dispatcher load Flow etc. in EMS) software. Anticipates, identifies and resolves engineering-related problems or potential problems within assigned areas, and may propose solutions to such issues. Coordinates software changes with other internal departments and with associated vendors as appropriate. Provides technical expertise and business rule support to other departments and external entities relating to market operations. Participates in various customer initiatives including but not limited to Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) and Reliability Coordination (RC).
What's In It for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow's energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
* You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
* You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
* You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
* Performs all functional testing of existing applications and new features added in the domain of Day-Ahead/Real-time Market, Market Quality Solutions and Transmission Network Applications (State Estimator (SE) and Real Time Contingency Analysis (RTCA) in EMS, Voltage Stability Analysis (VSA) and Dynamic Stability Analysis (DSA). Validates that software and network model meets the business rules, policies, and operation reliability.
* Provides support to the operations floor (including occasionally scheduled in-person), including day-ahead, hour-ahead and real-time desks. Provides training, guidance, and supervisory support for on-call staff as appropriate.
* Demonstrates knowledge of policy issues and related matters. Anticipates, identifies and resolves engineering-related problems and potential problems within assigned areas.
* Maintains the current applications, analyzes system errors from multiple angles, and works with others to determine the root cause of the problem. Focuses on prompt recovery of the system and provides timely problem resolution.
* Partners with other staff to define functional requirements for Market Operations and advanced Network Applications and increase mutual understanding of the capability of optional computer solutions to satisfy needs.
* Integrates, enhances, improves, tests, and supports Day-Ahead Market (DAM), Real-Time Market, Market Quality Services (MQS) applications as well as other advanced applications related to operations.
* Performs the duties needed to supplement designing, testing and documenting user training or other such activities, when necessary.
- Business Rule Management Systems
- Electrical Installation Work
- Functional Design
- Power Flow Studies
- Problem Solving