GROWTH! Our client is a leading service organization in Twin Cities; they are looking to hire a Staff Accountant. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
• Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
• Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
• Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
• Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• General Accounting
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Corporate accounting / General ledger experience
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction COMPENSATION: $55,000 to $65,000
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles