RN or LPN MDS Nurse Coordinator
MDS department experience is required
Bridgewater Healthcare Center is proud to be part of the CommuniCare Family of Companies. We currently have an opening for an RN or LPN with MDS experience! Candidates must have Long Term Care experience, including MDS 3.0.
The successful candidate for the MDS Nurse Coordinator position will have a current RN or LPN license. The MDS Nurse Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask and oversee functions at the facility on a daily basis.
The position of MDS Nurse Coordinator ensures a coordination of quality care to residents, from pre-admission through discharge. A primary focus is the resident assessment process, which includes individual assessment, MDS assessment, and resident plan of care. The MDS Nurse Coordinator manages the resources provided to residents and coordinates the entire continuum of care.
The MDS Nurse Coordinator's responsibilities include:
- Provide accurate documentation of all services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor sources.
- Ensure that needed resources are available and that quality care is delivered to all residents
- Coordinate professional nursing care to residents.
- Coordinate the development of a written care plan and assessment for each resident and review and revise as appropriate.
- Work with established departmental, center and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety environment.
- Participate in and provide scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain licensure of self and certification of team members and enhance quality of care.
This position offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, all in a great team environment!
If you meet the requirements below for RN / LPN MDS Nurse Coordinator, and are interested in this opportunity, please respond to this ad with your letter of interest for immediate consideration.
- 1-2 years of MDS 3.0 experience in Long Term Care.
- Must be knowledgeable of long-term care nursing and medical practices
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Medicare, PPS, RAI and contract reimbursement programs
- Must have excellent customer services skills and teamwork attitude.
- Must be a state-licensed RN or LPN
- Must be able to travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask and oversee functions at the facility on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Basic computer literacy and skills
- Must maintain CPR certification
Medical Billing And Coding
Healthcare Common Procedure Coding Systems