We are looking for the right people — people who want to Innovate. Achieve. Grow. Lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to achieve their career potentials. Explore the possibilities in a career that helps bring energy to the world. At Halliburton, we want people who want to make a difference. Take risks. Inspire. Be inspired. Learn. Collaborate to create a better future in a safe, ethical, and dynamic workplace with limitless opportunity.
What You’ll Do…
This position is located in Houston, TX. Our intern program philosophy is to “recruit once, hire twice” with the hope to hire interns back into full-time or return internship roles.
The internship program assignments are 10-14 weeks in duration and are full-time hybrid internships. The summer 2024 internship is expected to begin on May 20, 2024.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in collecting and cleaning data from various sources.
- Collaborate with the data science team to develop predictive models using machine learning techniques.
- Analyze time series data to identify trends and patterns relevant to the oil and gas industry.
- Utilize spatial analysis tools to extract insights from geospatial data.
- Contribute to the development of data-driven solutions to optimize operational processes.
- Present findings and recommendations to team members and stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring to Our Team
- Reliable transportation to and from work daily is required.
- Currently pursuing a PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Prior experience in scientific coding, data science, or machine learning is required.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and algorithms.
- Experience with spatial analysis and geospatial data manipulation.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, R, or Julia.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry.
- Previous experience with data preprocessing and cleaning.
- Familiarity with relevant data visualization tools.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
What We Offer…
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. To qualify, your university and/or permanent address must be more than 50 miles from your work location.
- Corporate housing provided for the summer to those candidates who qualify.
- Relocation assistance.
Salary Range: $36/hour
Please note that pay information shown below is a general guide only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What’s In It for you:
- An internship with Halliburton will provide great insight to see if this is the right career for you.
- You’ll receive hands-on, real-world work experience that will help you prepare for the next step in your career.
- You’ll become an integral part of our team and be expected to deliver results that will make an impact.
- Develop meaningful connections with industry leaders, learn a lot about the industry and develop the cutting-edge skills you need to become a leader for tomorrow.
- Collaborate with teams across the globe and with diverse backgrounds – both professionally and culturally.
Enhance the economic and social well-being of our employees and the communities in which we operate – Our intent is to be a preferred employer and make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work.
Employee Investment: Halliburton is able to innovate, achieve, grow and lead for one reason: our people. We invest in our employees through competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and rewards and incentive plans.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At Halliburton, no matter who you are, or where you come from, you will be given the opportunity to have your voice heard – and the opportunity to succeed. WE understand that diversity matters, because great minds don’t always think alike.
Sustainability: At Halliburton sustainability is serving our customers, employees, stakeholders, and communities in an environmentally, socially, and ethically responsible way.
- Attention To Detail
- Data Processing
- Data Science
- Data Visualization