To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Frederick, MD 21701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accountant I - AP
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. • Frederick, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Accountant I - AP
Job ID: req518
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The mission of the Financial Management Group is to administer a financial management program to the National Cancer Institute and other agencies utilizing NCI’s prime contract with Leidos Biomedical Research; to establish fiscal policies to ensure accountability for government funds; provide high quality financial reporting and analysis to assist in managing fiscal resources; and deliver quality financial support and customer service to both our internal and external customers.
The Accountant will be responsible for:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Voucher Research, approval and corrections
- Maintain aged payables
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Weekly review of checks/ACH distribution
- Assist with vendor relations
- 1099 maintenance and assist with year-end processing
- Research and correct input exceptions
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the educational requirements, no experience required with a four (4) year degree
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- US Government Contract experience including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Preferred a minimum of two (2) years of general accounting with responsibility for general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, cost accounting, or accounts receivable
- Previous experience with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Prior experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Strong problem-solving skills, research and resolution skills, and data analysis
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office software with intermediate level MS Excel
- Current Public Trust
- Strong data entry skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)