We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As the Sourcing and Procurement Consultant, you will be challenged to oversee the sourcing, procurement, and contracting efforts in support of clinical operations and other indirect spend commodities as assigned. Primary Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate terms of agreements with Suppliers to optimize outcomes, drive risk mitigation and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory protocols
- Understand stakeholders' needs and facilitate the negotiation of requirements among multiple stakeholders
- Analyze current market trends, forecast future performance, identify value creating or cost savings opportunities and make procurement recommendations
- Proactively monitor and analyze performance and trends within categories in order to identify and highlight issues and opportunities that support the business
- Contribute to the development of improved strategic sourcing strategies
- Collect and evaluate information about potential suppliers
- Develop, implement and execute strategic sourcing practices, processes and techniques across multiple business segments
- Manage the evaluation, administration, and selection of Clinical Operations suppliers (medical equipment, medical supplies, clinical operational services, group purchasing organizations etc.)
- Develop, execute and maintain consistent sourcing strategies, working toward a consolidated strategic supply base
- Analyze contracts and spend data to support the development of sourcing and contracting strategies, including pipeline opportunities and remediation requirements
- Develop negotiation strategies, lead complex negotiations, and direct supplier sourcing
- Document cost reduction achievements across business segments
- Meet project timelines at the customer and corporate levels
- Identify, develop and lead projects related to cost reduction / containment and deliver cost savings and service improvements
- Leverage available platforms to drive process efficiencies and reduce costs
- The ideal candidate will have developed very strong contracting skills, through experience in indirect procurement services and/or through a legal education. This will ideally include technical sourcing skills, including internal and external negotiation, contracting, and securing savings for the organization.
- Successful candidates will be proven self-starters, able to maintain a high level of client focus and adapt to a rapidly changing environment, with excellent organizational, project management and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management and executive leadership at both procurement and business unit levels
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience
- 2+ years of progressive experience drafting, and negotiating complex statements of work and/or experience sourcing IT and/or non-IT services through formal and informal procurement methods
- Experience developing strategies to support contracting and risk mitigation activity
- Experience in healthcare or managed care industry
- Knowledge of HIPAA, corporate practice of medicine, and related requirements
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills (effectively supports decisions on factual data and analysis) and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated consultative, change management and influencing skills in order to gain buy-in and support of customers and leadership in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, and Power Point)
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations; telecommuting may be considered
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Clinical contracting and/or sourcing experience
- MBA or J.D.
- 4+ years of experience contracting complex services through formal and informal procurement methods
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience managing projects through on-going communication and various levels of oversight, including legal, senior management and executive leadership, at both procurement and business unit levels
- Experience with e-sourcing, e-contracting, P2P and e-procurement tools, preferably Ariba and PeopleSoft
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Clinical, Hospital, Sourcing, Procurement, Purchasing, Contracting, Manager, Minnetonka, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota