Software Engineering Support Specialist
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Software Engineering Support Specialist in Lansing, MI.
Title: Software Engineering Support Specialist
Expected contract duration: 11 Months Contract
Location: Lansing, MI - 48808
• The Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day development, support, and troubleshooting of custom and off-the-shelf manufacturing applications. This will include but is not limited to manufacturing supervisory/SCADA systems, reporting or visualization tools, such as "dashboards" and statistical process control tools (SPC).
• Collaborate with internal "customers" to discuss and document their business reporting and visualization requirements.
• Interface with vendors as required for shop floor device network connectivity, application implementation and operational support.
• Design and create custom business applications to collect, analyze and report data critical to plant operations.
• Analyze application performance and debug and/or repair as necessary.
• Modify custom and vendor applications to accommodate new functionality needed to satisfy compliance or business requirements.
• Develop reporting solutions by interfacing to existing data repositories, extracting data, manipulating data, and displaying it for the computer users in a dashboard format.
• Convert legacy software applications to current technologies. (Ex. Visual Basic to VB.net)
• Experience in a Manufacturing Operation is highly desired. Knowledge of basic manufacturing principles is required.
• Proficiency in any language used to build desktop applications considered.
• Proficient in .net, C#, java or python programming languages.
• Experience with Oracle and SQL Server is a plus, including in writing SQL queries and stored procedures in Oracle or SQL Server.
• Experience with the Ignition SCADA system is highly desired.
• Understanding of networking concepts, architecture and tools is a plus.
• Must hold US Citizenship and be able to pass a background check.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and presentation). Able to work in a Team Environment.
• Results driven and self-motivated.
Contact Name: Srujana Aila
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
URL blocked - click to apply
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to, and including, both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 91635 when responding to this ad.
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Visual Basic .Net (Programming Language)
Visual Basic (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)