Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US LLC is looking for a Industrial Engineer in Suwanee, GA.
This position is responsible for providing critical thinking, in-depth data analyses, and work place solutions within a distribution network using lean methodologies. The person will be involved in the day-to-day operations of all NA distribution centers responsible for improving processes using lean tools. He/she will map and analyze processes and identify ways to reduce waste, improve workflow, and otherwise increase efficiency. This position will have responsibilities of doing engineering analysis to support job functions at multiple DC's.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide critical thinking and in-depth data analyses within the warehousing and distribution network
- Develop and support projects using lean methodologies and tools in order to improve the outgoing quality of the distribution centers, improve on-time shipping, and reduce costs by eliminating waste
- Working with all DC Managers, design an efficient warehouse process flow, implementing process improvements using lean methodologies like value stream mapping, pareto-ing, problem solving, and managing for daily improvement (MDI). The outcome will be the optimal utilization of labor and efficient process flow within the METUS distribution centers
- Responsible for leading / supporting classical lean activities such as: visual aids, MDI boards, work measurement, time & motion studies, facility layouts, data analyses, MHE, and other productivity improvements utilizing lean concepts
- Assist in the development and maintaining engineered work standards on traditional warehouse processes
- Develop and maintain SOP's and standard work for operations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business required (Industrial Engineering preferred), or extensive relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience with work standards, layout planning, lean processes, process improvements, and project management in either a manufacturing or sales & distribution operation center
- Demonstrated work experience with extensive data analysis and reporting
- Candidate should be familiar with Industrial Engineering concepts, Warehouse Management Systems, and Logistics
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exposure to lean at a manufacturing or fulfillment/distribution center is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook); AutoCAD experience is preferred
ABOUT MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC TRANE HVAC US
Formed in 2018, Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS) is a leading provider of ductless and VRF systems in the United States and Latin America. A 50 percent 50 percent joint venture between Ingersoll Rand plc and Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc., the company provides innovative products, systems and solutions capable of cooling and heating any application from a home to a large commercial building. METUS is a leading marketer of Zoned Comfort Solutions® and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) air-conditioning and heating technology. Systems sold by the joint venture include a wide variety of technologically advanced products designed to deliver superior efficiency, comfort and control.
The family of brands supported by METUS includes: Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, Trane® / Mitsubishi Electric and American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning Mitsubishi Electric. More information is available at [ Link removed ] . We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including 401(K).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, domestic partnership, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status (except when one of these criteria is a legally permissible bona fide occupational qualification). The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the Company, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Click [ Link removed ] to view the EEO is The Law Poster and the [ Link removed ] .
Applicants with a disability who need assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources by email at [ Link removed ] or by calling
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Improvement
- Critical Thinking
- Data Analysis