To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Skippack, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanic - Diesel
The H&K Group • Skippack, PA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The H&K Group, Inc., is looking for the ideal diesel mechanic.
Candidates should have a minimum of one year certificate from college or technical school; or 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in diesel mechanics.
This self-motivated, organized, competent, and professional individual repairs and maintains electric, diesel, and gasoline industrial trucks.
Essential Abilities, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Reads job order and observes and listens to truck or equipment in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
- Installs new ignition systems, aligns front wheels, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
- Overhauls gas or diesel engines.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and equipment, and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives or operates repaired truck or equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Completes all standard maintenance on trucks and equipment and ensures state inspection requirements are met for trucks
- Other duties may be assigned.
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. We invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!