Sign on bonus eligible position! Medical Technologist are eligible for up to $15,000 and Medical Laboratory Technicians are eligible for up to $7,500.
Are you ready to join an organization where delivering high quality patient-centered care, compassion, teamwork, and integrity are the basis for how we work? At Arnot Health, we are focused on delivering high-quality, safe, cost-effective, socially responsible health care services.
Arnot Health, an integrated healthcare delivery system, is conveniently located in the Southern Tier and Finger Lakes region of New York, which is known for its charm, scenic settings, and historical significance. We offer competitive pay, benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and advancement opportunities. We welcome your application.
The Clinical Laboratory Technician I (Medical Technician) - Gen Lab performs a defined set of laboratory procedures consistent with the needs of the shift, using established and approved protocols, exercising independent judgment and responsibility under the technical supervisor (or designee) in the Gen Lab section of the Laboratory. CCLT I - Gen Lab is an entry level technical position held by an employee with usually 0-2 years of experience. A CCLT I will perform procedures and examinations conducted by a laboratory, as it is defined in the public health law, on material derived from the human body which provides information for the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease or assessment of a human medical condition. Working outside the defined procedures happens only occasionally and is limited to those procedures where documented competencies are maintained. The Clinical Laboratory Technician I - Gen Lab reports to the Supervisor of Gen Lab.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains areas of responsibility in accordance with the standards established by external, licensing, accreditation, regulatory and auditing entities and is ready for unannounced inspections by other employees within the Arnot Health Systems as well as state and/or federal regulatory agencies.
* Adheres to established Laboratory policies and procedures through all phases testing including but not limited to specimen handling, test analyses, quality control polices, instrument and procedural calibrations, instrument and equipment maintenance , and other quality assurance activities.
* Is responsible for attending all annual mandatory educational programs and maintaining compliance with Occupational Medicine policies (i.e., PPD testing and Influenza vaccination). Participates in and documents a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education annually. Maintains competency for all laboratory testing performed in assigned areas.
* Maintains a courteous and helpful rapport when dealing with patients, physicians, nurses, supervisors, visitors, coworkers and other employees of the Arnot Health System. In patient relations, maintains respect for the individual and provides age appropriate care. Communicates in a friendly and effective manner.
* Is familiar with and adheres to all Arnot Health policies and procedures related to the position including but not limited to Corporate Compliance, Safety, Infection Prevention, and Human Resources.
f.Is capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the Supervisor, Medical Director, and/or System Director of Laboratory Services. Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
* Checks the accuracy of all equipment, instruments, media and reagents by performing established lab QC procedures.
* Performs and documents preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on instrumentation as needed.
* Processes testing and reports results as per protocol on all assigned platform.
* Properly utilizes the Lab Information System, to include all functions necessary to track and label specimens, releases results and maintains pending logs to ensure all requested testing is performed and completed.
* Accurately documents results on appropriate worksheets and reports by computer and phone.
* Performs manual result review.
* Takes responsibility to attend continuing education sessions, laboratory meetings and any required in-service training.
* Uses unassigned time productively.
* Accepts a schedule including rotating weekends and holidays as appropriate.
* Works towards developing a technical skill set of a CCLT II - Gen Lab.
* Accepts additional duties as assigned.
* Is responsible for attending all annual mandatory educational programs as required by position.
* Employee understands and demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the customer/patient by interacting with him/her in a friendly and caring way, being attentive to the customer's needs, both psychologically and physically, and by taking the initiative to maintain communication with the customer in order to provide a secure and pleasant experience with the Arnot Health.
* It is understood that this job description lists typical duties for the position and is not to be considered inclusive of all duties that may be assigned.
Associates degree or higher degree for Clinical Laboratory Technician (or a related title) from a program registered by the NYSDOE or determined by the NYSDOE to be substantial equivalent of a registered program for certified laboratory technician that is accredited by an acceptable accrediting agency in accordance with Title 10, NYCSS section 58-1.6. Must have a NYSDOE Clinical Laboratory Technician license or have documentation that an application for a license has been submitted.
Meets all requirements of federal and state regulations for a Clinical Laboratory Technician with good organizational and communication skills.
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) REQUIREMENTS:
No CPR required.
Light to moderate physical effort. Occasional prolonged standing and walking. Typical clinical laboratory environment.
Category I. Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
A.D.A. Essential Functions
- Human Resources