Our Client is one of the top three selling vape products in the State of Nevada. They specialize in the production of high-quality cannabis extracts and the production of cannabis vape pens, tinctures and capsules. They have been in business since 2017 and have positioned themselves as leaders in this emerging market.
They are seeking a dynamic individual to fill their General Manager position who can provide exceptional leadership with the goal to position the company at the very forefront of the cannabis industry. If you believe you are the person who meets the qualifications below, we are interested in speaking with you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Improve company’s operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company’s long-term growth and shareholder returns.
- Utilize systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals.
- Review financial reports to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and KPIs, and revise goals and operational plans in real time to meet new objectives.
- Continually keeping well-informed of industry changes. Must have ability to adapt and change with a market in constant flux.
- Assess and guide the Sales Team in strategizing and excelling for sales growth.
- Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Work with production staff to produce finished goods, including vape products, tinctures, concentrates and other infused cannabis products while maintaining safety, strict quality and capacity standards.
- Effectively manage the supply chain including raw materials, packaging, finished goods, hardware and software.
- Maintain safe, clean, organized, efficient and compliant facility. Ensures robust facility safety and security procedures are in place and all staff are trained in them.
- Ensure all operations are following all required regulations/regulatory bodies.
- Maintain required documentation for staff, inventory and sales data for the length of time determined by the regulating bodies.
- Maintain and strive to improve company culture, employee work ethic and accountability metrics.
- Assist in hiring/terminating/evaluating/promoting/disciplining and managing of all staff. Build, motivate, train and lead a high performing team through strong and dynamic leadership.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Communicate effectively with the company HR Generalist regarding all staff related HR and Payroll matters.
- Ensure that facility is properly staffed to maximize production capacity to meet ever-increasing demand.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by upper management or corporate team.
- Step in when other tasks need to be completed.
- Special projects as requested.
- Work overtime when required (can be mandated).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of lab process in extraction, refining, distillation, filling, packaging, attention to details and other lab processes needed to produce finished goods.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all staff effectively.
- Ability to promote and maintain a non-discriminatory workplace.
- Ability to prioritize / arrange job assignments and enforce defined procedures and deadlines.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID
- Must pass any and all required background checks and obtain cannabis work cards with the State of NV and City of NLV Police Dept
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State Cannabis regulations.
- Knowledge of safety practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards in the cannabis production industry.
- Experience in working with inventory mgmt. software, computer literacy in working with Outlook email and Microsoft Office suite (mainly Excel).
- Experience Preferred:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or comparable Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of related work experience, including 3 years of supervisory or management experience, in this or relevant/related field is required.
- Job Type: Full-time salaried position
- Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Paid time off
About Vangst: Vangst is a venture backed, high growth recruiting technology company. We have revolutionized the fastest growing industry in the world by connecting thousands of professionals with careers in cannabis. Through technology and a world-class team, Vangst supplies the cannabis industry with the best talent.
Vangst is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characters protected by the law. This job description is a product of Vangst.
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated
Coaching And Mentoring