Summary of Position
Our healthcare client is seeking a full time Medical Coder. This person translates authenticated provider documentation and/or reports and makes the determination as to the appropriate CPT, ICD-9/10 codes for billing of services rendered by providers which include: Evaluation and Management (E&M) services for outpatient and/or inpatient services; clinic procedures and other professional services relevant for Medical Coders.
- Analyzes and interprets patient medical records, encounter sheets and/or reports in order to assign and sequence appropriate codes upon review of the billing information, determines course of action and organizes and prioritizes work.
- Seeks advice and guidance from Manager, Physician or other content expert as needed.
- Works denied charges correctly in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current CPC, CCS-P or equivalent/comparable coding certification
- Minimum of two (2) years of third party medical billing and coding experience from Evaluation and Management documentation
- Previous work experience using a personal computer and various billing/coding software applications, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), e-mail, etc.
- Post High School courses in an allied health or healthcare-related field (anatomy, physiology, health information management
- Previous work experience in reimbursement practices and procedures
- 3-5 years third party medical billing and coding experience from Evaluation and Management documentation and coding experience from a narrative/report format
If interested in this role, please send an updated resume to Carl at Email blocked - click to apply and reference job ID #996880
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Medical Billing And Coding
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
Health Information Management