To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marysville, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JLL • Marysville, CA
Posted 18 days ago
HVAC Commercial Building Technician/Operating Engineer
The Operating Engineer performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the installation, repair, maintenance and operation of mechanical, electrical, and environmental controls and life safety systems. Applies specialized knowledge and expertise across many different disciplines and ensures an efficient and safe working environment. The Operating Engineer will receive day-to-day work assignments from the Facilities Supervisor.
- Each Operating Engineer must be able to independently plan work assignments, perform duties with a minimum of direct supervision, and assist as a helper in other trades and in the general maintenance and operation of buildings and grounds. In the absence of a supervisor, one of the tradesmen shall be capable of acting as the working foremen or lead man. All positions will be required to work various shifts, exact schedule will be determined locally.
- Installation, maintenance, operation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Ensures proper operation of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
- Test, maintain and evaluate equipment by using instrumentation.
- Test and calibrate electronic HVAC and building environmental controls to ensure that equipment is functioning properly.
- Perform, as required, skilled maintenance activities to include but not limited to construction, welding, soldering and plumbing.
- Inspect and repair pumps, fans, valves and motors ensuring proper operation of the facility equipment and systems.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards. Capable of performing duties as a stationary facility engineer in a large facility and/or mobile facility engineer responsible for several facilities located in a designated geographic area.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures and adhere to Company standards of business ethics and conduct.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
- Is willing to perform other duties as reasonably assigned and appropriate for the skill set.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Four-year apprenticeship program or five years of field experience/ or military experience.
- CFC certification required.
- Ability to use computers using the Windows-based software environment.
- Must be able to be on call and to work any shift, weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Must have valid state drivers license along with appropriate class license if required in performance of job.
- Self starter with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner to supervisor and clients.
- After-hours availability is essential (Critical system maintenance is performed during off-hours). Requires working flexible schedules.
- Must follow established Company practices and procedures and show a high level of safety awareness.
- Must be able to physically access all spaces and systems to make quality inspection, including roofs and equipment rooms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.