Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer-rsquo;s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit -amp; Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600employees.
We are currently searching for a Manufacturing Supervisor to be based out of Harvey, IL. Reporting to the Value Stream Manager of Mills 1 - 5, this person will be responsible for supervising staff with an emphasis on teamwork, continuous improvement and accomplishment of safety, quality, delivery and cost goals.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of previous supervisory experience in the metal industry. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Audits product and processes to insure conformance to specifications and directs set-up and adjustments of machines.
- Assures compliance of company policies and safety regulations with employees.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures or schedules to meet customer-rsquo;s requirements.
- Implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiencies of shop, department, and work crew.
- Partner with Safety and/or HR to investigate, resolve and provide corrective measures for accidents, injuries, production and personnel issues.
- Maintain consistent and fair labor relations with union employees.
- Ensure that the team honors our Atkore core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence in all aspects of their daily work.
- Bachelor-rsquo;s degree in Operations Management or Engineering degree strongly preferred.
- 5 years of previous supervisory experience in metals industry.
- Experience in steel manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Technical background in maintenance, industrial or manufacturing engineering required.
- Ability to logically approach equipment troubleshooting situations and take corrective action.
- Computer literate in spreadsheets and word applications.
- Ability to analyze reports and performance metrics.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Lean Management experience a plus.
- Detail oriented, team player.
- AS400 and/or SAP experience a plus.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore-rsquo;s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer-rsquo;s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that-rsquo;s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that-rsquo;s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Continuous Improvement Process