You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Financial Consultant - Eden Prairie, MN Hybrid or Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
We don’t just aspire to help people live healthier lives; we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Consultant, you’ll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That’s a lot of responsibility but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way. This position supports business functions for the growing OptumRx Specialty Pharmacy business. Specifically, this role supports the financial analytics of claim data, contract pricing engagement, financial budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Supports business leaders with analytical analysis to help drive decision making
- Financial forecasting and Reporting
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance in Finance, Business or related field or related work experience
- 3+ years of progressive financial experience
- Proven experience driving business performance in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Work experience anticipating issues, assessing their implications, developing a plan, and executing on that plan
- Intermediate level of MS Excel experience
- Process Improvement Experience
- Advanced MS Excel experience including Financial Modeling
- Intermediate level of Tableau experience or similar software
- Experience partnering with key business leaders, clients to support business growth, and key Initiatives
- Experience working collaboratively and influencing across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives
- Presenting key findings and reports to leadership
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Decision Making
- Expense Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2158144
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.