$14.00 to $17.00 hourly
A well respected, growing service organization is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk. In this role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
- Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
- General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes.
- Prepare statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
For immediate consideration, please apply at www.accountemps.com or email your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP are preferred
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical
- Entry-level considered
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Candidates with Spreadsheet and ERP system experience will be prioritized
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles