Arconic’s Whitehall, MI facility hasan immediate opening for an Environmental Engineer. Our Company environmental,health, and safety values along with our leadership’s commitment provide thesuccessful candidate an excellent environment to work and deliver results. Thisposition is a key member of the location’s EHS Team.
AEN is a world leader in theinvestment casting industry and is a leading supplier of superalloys, aluminum,and titanium components for aerospace, automotive, and commercialtransportation applications. Our Whitehalllocation is on the front edge of the rapid growth in the aerospace and turbineindustries and just completed a plant expansion to accommodate an increase in businessdemand.
Key Responsibilities of this positioninclude:
- Manage all environmental issues, reports and permits as related to Air, Wastewater, Storm Water, Residual Waste, and governmental reporting. This includes responsibility for the timely and accurate filing of necessary records to demonstrate compliance with applicable federal, state, and Arconic programs.
- Develop and execute management systems designed to ensure the plant is in compliance with all Arconic, and governmental regulations.
- Ensure all on-site waste materials are managed according to government regulations.
- Maintain all records and documents as necessary.
- Perform compliance training.
- Perform hands-on environmental monitoring and measurement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years of environmental engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
Training and/or education in computer systems including word-processing, spreadsheets, and technical applications.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret environmental regulations and standards and other technical reports and data.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.