Enlighten, an Alion company is looking for a Project Controller that participates in the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of performance on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity and level of risk. The Project Controller is a key member of the program team and works directly with the Program Manager to help define the project’s goals and objectives; and recommends actions to improve progress and performance. The Project Controller will have significant interface with the Financial Manager, Program/Project Managers, senior technical staff, as well as other functional organizations including contracts, finance, accounts receivable, subcontract management and procurement.
- Provide cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support to Program Managers including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
- Lead project set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions and requirements.
- Prepare program financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and provide analytical contribution in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
- Review and assess all contract modifications. Advise the program management team of impacts as necessary.
- Monitor costs and manpower on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number. Process cost transfers as required.
- Perform analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation.
- Prepare accurate and complete variance analysis and reporting.
- Prepare/Support Internal Program Review (IPR) presentations for management.
- Prepare financial Contract Data Requirements (CDRL) for programs. Ensure contractual requirements are met and customer financial deliverables are accurate and on time.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis on the contract as requested by PMO and others.
- Monitor funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
- Support accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and PMO to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare subcontractor and vendor accruals as services/goods are received in accordance with GAAP and internal policies to ensure that the project’s cost/commitment is accurately captured and reported internally and externally.
- Ensure program revenue and profit is recorded in compliance with the EAC.
- Analyze profit risks and opportunities and advise management on the optimal path forward.
- Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley, FAR and all company policies and procedures as they related to contract performance and financials.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Does not need a security clearance on day one but could be processed for a Secret level security clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- BS in Business or Program Management related field. Education requirements may be waived with 6 years of related experience.
- 2 to 4 years of Program Control or related and progressive experience with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline is required.
- Candidates must possess a strong background working with multiple government contract types: FFP, FPI, FPLOE, T&M, CPAF, CPFF, CPIF, and hybrid contracts.
- Strong working knowledge in Excel and overall MS Office suite and a working knowledge of relevant software applications, like JAMIS, CostPoint, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines.
- Must be analytical, possess strong communication and presentation skills and have the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Database tools (MS Access desired) and Business Intelligence tools (Power BI desired).
- Significant exposure to Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contracts.
- Prior experience working within a smaller, fast paced and growing company.
- Prior experience with BDP (Big Data Platform), technology-based commercial products or AWS is considered a plus.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Limited
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Analysis Of Variance
- Accounts Receivable