This Data Architect with SQL Server will serve as the expert responsible for Data Services architecture, governance and implementation. The Database admin implements enterprise data services governance within the state metadata management repository, and ensures all data services designs are integrated in to the state data framework.
Designs, develops, and manipulates database management systems, multidimensional databases. Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
Essential Tasks and Duties:
- Create and maintain the metadata repository, including developing and maintaining a formal description of the data, data structures, and data flow diagrams.
- Develop and maintain the agency-wide data model for to ensure integrated use across all applications.
- Coordinate and integrate system data models and design to promote data sharing, eliminate redundancy, and provide for the efficient and effective use of the state’s data resources.
- Provide data modeling and design guidance including identification of data entities, data dependencies and data relationships.
- Define and enforce data standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure data integrity, dependability, quality, and usability through the use of appropriate security, verification, and data management practices.
- Proven experience supporting large scale application development and development teams
- Proven experience tuning/scaling large scale (near 1+TB size) databases
- Proven experience “modernizing” legacy data layers
- Experience with various forms of ETL
- Perform development of a data management strategy, to ensure data security and appropriate data retention.
- Research and promote opportunities to provide data reuse, balancing the issues of centralization and replication.
- Ensure data integration with internal organizations and with external business and IT communities.
- Promote standardizing data in collaboration with application developers, business analysts, and Data Base Administrators.
- Develop a Master Data Management strategy supporting, and consistent with, Enterprise Information Management.
- Knowledge and proven skills in data modeling - 8 years’ required
- Knowledge and proven skills in SQL Server and/or Oracle SQL – 10 years’ required
- Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database – 8 years’ required
- Demonstrated experience with data management strategy, to ensure data security and appropriate data retention – 8 years’ highly desired
- Research and promote opportunities to provide data reuse, balancing the issues of centralization and replication – 5 years’ desired
- Demonstrated experience in SQL tuning – 5 years’ required
Meta Data Management
Extract Transform Load (Etl)