Amcor Rigid Packaging
Human Resources Mgr
Job Family Group:
Reports to (title only):
Responsible for the execution of planned preventative maintenance programs and protocols as applied plant-wide for all process and production-based machinery and related technical systems.
Assist engineers with installations, validations, and machinery-based products inclusive of process trouble shooting.
Assist engineering personnel with diagnosis and execution of remediation requirements for plant-wide demand maintenance/machine/system breakdown or non-conformance requirements.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead of assist in troubleshooting of PLC programs (Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC)
- Follows workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Accountable for all projects, repairs and/or improvement on the line as well as any mold changes and preventative maintenance.
- Ensure proper and safe operational conditions of all production and related equipment. Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Improve the production equipment, utilities, efficiency and reliability.
- Recommend, plan, repair, modify, make, install and adjust all the necessary elements following a problem or a project, which may have an effect on the productivity.
- Analyze and resolve all issues related to the equipment.
- Ensure Service Technicians are scheduled for repairs/upgrades and create and/or revise work instructions.
- Ensure production equipment is performing to 87% company standard and addressing any deficiencies.
- Report to Maintenance Manager the progress of projects, general maintenance needs and improvements.
- Ensure needed parts are on site for upcoming PM’s.
- Ensures cleanliness of all equipment and related areas after repairs or PM’s.
- Keeps all tools in good and safe condition and ensure tools are returned to its appropriate location.
- Assist in updating, developing and improving equipment PM programs.
- Communicate to supervisors on the condition of all production equipment.
- Direct and advise production employees when they help with repairs.
- Assist and train production employees in machine conversions and PM’s.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate stock of spare parts ensuring that parts catalogue is up-to-date, parts room is organized and kept clean and tidy.
- Assist contractors in machine and building repairs.
- Assist other maintenance employees with repairs, PM, installation, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- Drive Process Control procedures.
- Flexible – if Over Time required and Vacation replacement. Must be available for on-call duty including weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Team Leaders
- High school diploma or equivalent (required) Maintenance Technician or trade school certificate preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience on controls and automation systems. PLC programming knowledge is a plus.
- Related experience and/or training as a Maintenance Technician for Injection Molding. Blow molding experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have attention to detail and excellent follow up skills.
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic blueprints.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Work Environment : Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills and/or abilities.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Attention To Detail