This position is responsible for the safe and profitable operation overseeing all aspects of daily operations. Key focus areas include Customer Satisfaction, Safety, Lean/5S and Housekeeping, Inventory Management, Sales, Staff Recruitment, Labor Productivity and Cost Control.
The incumbent is provided weekly performance metrics to proactively develop and implement improvement measures, using Lean and Six Sigma principles as a tool to refine activities within the scope of his/her responsibilities including the following:
1. Comply with all safety standards and requirements to assure a safe and hazard-free warehouse environment with focus on safe driving and injury prevention.
2. Utilize lean concepts and good 5S/Housekeeping to ensure efficient flow of products/materials through the warehouse with minimum waste and to provide an organized, safe and clean workplace. Key metrics include operational review score, housekeeping checklists and 5S audit score.
3. Ensure accuracy of inventory records by participating with the Supply Chain team in ongoing management of branch inventory to provide guidance and leadership to branch personnel concerning inventory management practices.
4. Monitor Key Metrics relative to inventory, which include inventory shrinkage, inventory turns and fill rate percent, to maintain accurate records of finished goods inventory.
5. Recruit, train, coach and motivate a qualified warehouse staff; instill the desire to provide customers with excellent service, courteous treatment and quality products.
6. Manage labor such that customer requirements can be met with minimal overtime to meet budgeted labor costs.
7. Monitor expenditures on purchases of materials, products, equipment and utilities to ensure cost controls are in place and remain within budget amounts. Key metrics include CPU, Profitability vs. Plan and Overhead Cost vs. Plan.
8. Maintain daily contact with key customers and proactively work with Sales Representatives to support the market sales strategy and ensure customer requirements are met. Key metric is Revenue vs. Plan.
9. Maintain compliance all with Federal, State, and Local laws, statutes and regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must possess a two- to four-year degree in Business, Distribution or a related field, along with a minimum of two years of experience in warehouse management, customer service or a customer sales development role as well as two years of experience in employee supervision or management. Experience in lean or six sigma principles is highly desirable for this position as well.In addition, the incumbent must be able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision and be able to recruit, train, lead, develop and motivate a team to produce positive results. S/he must possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent interpersonal skills for decision-making, problem-solving and delegation, a drive for being results-oriented with a customer service and safety focus. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules. A U.S. driver's license and an excellent MVR record is required.