ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Medically Enhanced Supportive Housing is an advocacy & housing service for adults with a serious mental illness and chronic/serious medical diagnoses. The LPN is responsible for facilitating recovery and to help consumers manage both their medical & psychiatric illnesses as effectively as possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide education to consumers & other Team members regarding diagnoses, nutrition, medication, & the mind-body connection.
2. Provide on-going assessment of consumers' health & communicate this with the consumer & other Team members.
2. Monitor blood sugars of consumers with diabetes
3.Teach insulin administration
4.Monitor blood pressure & weight
5. Assist consumers with making doctors' appointments & accompany the consumer as needed.
6. Administer IM medications
7. Carry out the activities specified in the Plan of Care & Recovery Plan
8. Physically assist consumers in daily activities as needed.
9. Assist consumers in making linkages with community support/education groups
10. Report concerns & consumers' status to RN & other MESH Team members
11. Be an advocate for the consumers and a contributing member of the MESH Team.
REQUIREMENTS: A NJ Nursing License and a New Jersey Driver's license. HS/GED minimum educational requirement plus at least 1 year experience in mental health. Ability to work flexible hours & to be on-call for emergencies & consultation