To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Austin, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Type: W2 Contract
Contract Length: One Year
Location: South Austin, TX
Please only apply if below qualifications are met. Send resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
At an entry level, performs drafting and/or engineering support duties. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues. This position focuses on either drafting or engineering support duties, or performs a combination of the following duties.
Reads and interprets engineering drawings, construction drawings and other technical information. Using computer-aided design software and equipment, prepares detailed engineering drawings, maps and graphs from provided materials such as previous drawings, layouts, detailed sketches and standard references. Clearly indicates revisions. Files drawings and drawing update documentation according to standard procedures. - Assists in drafting solicitation documents using established procedures, formats and templates to support procurement and contract activities. - Assists with field and/or office research related to field measurements, historical engineering drawings, equipment databases, microfilm, inventory, electronic document management system (EDMS) records and other technical records to design equipment and layouts, as well as to produce equipment ratings and facility statistics. Field research may involve various physical activities. Prepares basic specifications, materials and fixed capital unit (FCU) lists. Assists in setting up work orders and requisition entries.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of computer-aided drafting principles, standards and techniques
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems (EDMS)
- Strong skill in computer-aided drafting
- Various version of AutoCAD
- Basic skill in reading and interpreting diagrams and prints
- Skill in the use of test equipment and/or other specialized tools
- Skill in operating plotters, printers, copiers and scanners - Ability to perform accurate data entry - Ability to work in a team environment
- One or more years of experience interpreting technical drawings/documents performing technical analysis or drafting using computer-aided design software.
- A degree in computer-aided design or relevant field may be substituted per client guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Preferred skills in mechanical and electrical engineering