To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Insurance Specialist I
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • New York, NY
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This role provides administrative support and document review in the renewal process to ensure that communication and process flow between Marsh, carriers and clients is timely and consistent from submission to policy issuance. Role is also responsible for the gathering and reviewing of required client information to ensure that client teams are able to present information to the clients and carriers and make the appropriate recommendations This role requires more in-depth insurance knowledge, and is responsible for more standard policies and renewals, including New Business, Renewals, and Endorsement policies defined as non-complex. This includes activities for both pre and post bind such as document generation to support placement billing, certificate production, and policy reviewing. This role would also work on multi-layered requests depending on the complexity of the placement.
Administration and Documentation
- Ensure timely & accurate processing of:
- Core brokerage tasks
- Client and carrier documentation
- Computer system records, data, and files in MDOCs
- Current and outstanding documentation follow ups
- Miscellaneous correspondence
Customer Awareness and Focus
- Maintain a basic technical understanding of all major classes of Insurance and specialist services that the Company offers to its customers
- Maintain a basic understanding of the core aspects of relevant Insurance and related legislation
Technical Support and Coaching
- Provide assistance to Operations Team Leaders by acting as a point of escalation as required
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to business stakeholders and participate in group and business unit lead initiatives
- Adhere strictly to the company's quality practices and other systems and procedures, professional standards, Greater Good
- Comply fully with the Company's Errors and Omissions avoidance policy
- Comply with company policy for continuous professional development
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of the Insurance (Agents & Brokers) Act, Insurance Contracts Act, Fire Services Levy, Stamp Duties, Worker's Compensation and other relevant legislation
- 1-3 years of work experience required, with 1+ years previous insurance or financial services experience preferred
Knowledge and skills:
- Basic Insurance knowledge within one product family
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable and experience working with technology (solutions)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (or equivalent) – Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent organization skills – able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to work within a team
- Basic networking skills
- Basic problem solving capabilities
- After 1 year of employment with Marsh, Broker License, other certification or licenses as required by jurisdictions
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.