Work location will be:
425 Better Way
Make your mark with us!
To learn more about working at U.S. Venture, watch this video: URL blocked - click to apply
To help fulfill U.S. Gain’s strategic vision “To be the very best choice for sustainable energy solutions that reduce emissions for a cleaner tomorrow,” the Division's finance team is looking to hire a technically strong, and self-motivated Senior Accounting Analyst. The Senior Accounting Analyst is a key member of the U.S. Gain finance team, and is responsible for various accounting and analytical tasks pertaining the Division's RNG (renewable natural gas) and CNG (compressed natural gas) lines of business. This responsibility requires proficient Excel and data manipulation skills, as well as strong business acumen to understand processes and procedures. The role will require a basic understanding and interest in several finance, operational, CRM, and database management systems and their integrations. The Senior Accounting Analyst will also be responsible for calculating accruals, reconciling and analyzing some balance sheet accounts, and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Subject matter expert for our RNG line of business.
- Responsible for month-end close processes for the Division's RNG line of business, as well as the CNG gallon reconciliation.
- Daily responsibilities for our RNG line of business including RIN/LCFS credit trade management, inventory, actualizations, and project partner settlements.
- Responsible for more complex account reconciliations (e.g. accrued expenses).
- Tasked with understanding the internal control framework, and facilitating changes to the framework as necessary.
- Assist with automation/process improvement projects in the areas of assigned responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of GAAP for assigned areas, and assistance in GAAP research as required.
- Prepare various financial and operational reports. Assist in the development of system generated reporting (D365 Financial Reporter).
- Assist in the data gathering for forecasts and annual budgets for the Division.
- Extracting and analyzing data to identify areas for improvement.
- Performing ad hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required (CPA preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of related accounting experience
- A team player and effective communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Technical understanding of concepts, practices and procedures of accounting (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge in data manipulation using Microsoft Excel techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, or Dynamics 365FO a plus
U.S. Venture, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call Human Resources at URL blocked - click to apply.
Perform Statistical Analysis
Business Process Improvement
Provide Analytic Consultation