To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marinette, WI 54143
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Diagnostic Imaging Aide
Bay Area Medical Center • Marinette, WI
Posted 14 days ago
Degree - High School
Healthcare - Health Services
Skilled Labor - Trades
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supports and adheres to the philosophy, goals, objectives and policies of Bay Area Medical Center. The candidate must be able to perform clerical duties and computer entry in the RIS and HIS system as required. The position should have a functional knowledge of the scheduling module. Provide rotational weekend coverage within the Diagnostic Imaging department for support services. First priority will be to greet patients coming into the DI waiting room in a friendly, professional and courteous manner and to monitor their wait times and intervene as necessary to insure they are informed about the status of their scheduled procedure(s). Will be required to transport patients as needed to support our patient and departmental needs. Essential Functions:
- Greets customers professionally using AIDET. Answers the phone by greeting the customer, identifying the Department and themselves, and asking, “How may I help you?”
- Adheres to Bay Area Medical Center’s Service Care Standards and attends quarterly mandated in-services.
- Knowledge of data bases entry/typing 35-40 wpm minimum. Knowledge of accurate medical terminology.
- Acts as a liaison for physicians who are requesting consults with the radiologists by putting them in contact with the radiologist on staff, or insuring the radiologist is provided the information requested by the physician or clinician.
- Will complete required paperwork for stat reads and insure the paperwork is provided to the radiologist either by direct contact or delegating the job to the performing technologist who will be responsible for insuring the radiologist is provided the information in a timely manner.
- Will monitor patient wait times and if they exceed 10 minutes without being greeted or taken for their appointment, they will contact the respective DI modality to see what the delay is.
- If there is a delay, they will inform the patient as to the reason for the delay and let them know the approximate time they can be expected to be taken for their exam if the technologist or the aide from the modality can’t meet with them personally.
- Has knowledge to enter, edit, reprint, cancel or add exams.
- Has functional knowledge of scheduling modalities in Diagnostic Imaging or who to call if they have questions.
- Assists patients who call to request reports or digital records of their procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of RIS (PACS) system as pertains to their job duties.
- Displays knowledge in the RIS system to search for patient information, patient profile and medical results.
- Will be responsible for entering data in RIS to enable the viewing of reports in the hospital information system. (Radiology Only patients function.)
- Demonstrates the knowledge of how to respond to an emergent situation. Knows proper protocol for all codes.
- Assists customers and co-workers with consideration when necessary.
- Respects customer confidentiality at all times.
- Performs routine office functions such as: faxing, using the copy machine, various printers, how to “overhead page and use beeper system”
- Follows established department policies/procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform duties unassisted as pertains to the file room processes.
- Participates in own performance appraisal by identifying goals and reviewing progress with manager.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient ranging from newborn to geriatric.
- When covering the modalities, will be required to assist the technologist by providing direct patient contact under the direction of the technologist, to include room setup for the next patient.
- Demonstrates proper patient transporting techniques and patient care. Will be required to transport patients as needed.
- Enhances health care organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with federal and state legal regulations and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
High School graduate or equivalent. Previous Diagnostic Imaging office/medical experience preferred including computer experience, customer services, excellent phone etiquette and oral communication skills, keyboard entry and typing 35-40 wpm required. CPR and Medical terminology required. Hours: Variable shifts between 6:00am and 11pm. Variable days, holidays and weekends. Working Conditions: Potential exposure to Latex products, blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, and communicable diseases.
Job ID: 2192
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.