Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
- Average pay: $75,000 per year.
- Sign-on bonus: $7,500.
- Guaranteed minimum pay biweekly.
- Day 1 benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) begins after 90 days, and McLane matches your contribution annually.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
McLane Effingham is a domicile of McLane Grocery Midwest, serving customers in southern Illinois.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that is an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You are the person they see week after week. You will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route will ensure you are never bored. You will deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
- Stack and sort delivered goods.
- Make pickups as needed.
- Check vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip.
- Check load inventories against invoices for accuracy.
- Unload via ramp and hand cart.
- Secure empty pallets in truck.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your truck.
- Return equipment to its storage location after use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Have a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A).
- Have at least 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer driving experience.
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Bring a high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity to controlling a tractor-trailer and preventing damage to products and equipment.
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets which may weigh up to 75 pounds.
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test.
Drive Commercial Vehicle
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 20244
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
McLane is one of the most successful supply chain services companies in the US for 3 simple reasons – we hire, foster and promote the most talented and passionate teammates on the planet.
Beyond competitive pay and outstanding benefits, we strive to create an environment for success, where Teammates can truly grow personally and professionally. That’s why the average tenure at McLane is close to 10 years and the majority of our leadership teams have been promoted from within.
We have a winning, growth-driven culture that focuses on the best and the brightest teammates. It’s also why our customers are some of the largest and most respected retailers in America, and the brands we deliver every single day are the ones you know and love.
At McLane there is a sense of pride and dedicated spirit among our teammates that comes from an environment of family and community. We recognize our teammates’ contributions with competitive pay, extensive benefits, industry-leading 401k profit sharing, professional development and much more. And we recognize the communities in which we operate by giving back. Nothing demonstrates this concept more than our dedication to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. In the past 28 years, our Teammates have collectively helped raise more than 90 million dollars to provide comfort, treatment and hope to individuals in the communities in which they work.
View the full profile
Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in your life and someone else’s by joining the McLane team today.