Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job Summary
Provides primary health care to a specific patient population within the guidelines of written protocols. Follows established nursing standards, procedures, and practices.Accountabilities
- Engages in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, defects or injuries and recommend or prescribe treatments for the relief or cure of physical, mental or functional ailments or defects.
- Performs all charting, summaries, correspondence and assorted paperwork that is required for purposes of documenting care and billing.
- Participates in physician educational programs provided by Employer relative to capitated medicine and its implications on physician practice patterns.
- Participates in responding to requests for proposals for managed care contracts.
- Participates in:
Establishment of quality assurance programs
Establishment of utilization management programs
Selection of management information systems
Development of patient education services
Development of patient satisfaction surveys
- Assists in the development of operational and capital budgets.
- Participates in operational assessments in search of revenue enhancement, expense reductions, consolidation efficiencies and billing opportunities.
- General Job Expectations:
Maintain courteous and cooperative working relationships with all levels of management and employees, physicians, patients, guarantors and the general public.
- Participates in activities that would further the public's image of the Employer.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.Minimum Requirements
Master's Degree in Nursing; Nurse Practitioner Degree Emphasis or Program Certificate equivalent.Required Certifications/Registrations/Licenses
- South Carolina Official Recognition Nurse Practitioner - NLNP
- Prescriptive Authority South Carolina Nursing License
- South Carolina Controlled Substance license; Federal DEA license
Variable (United States of America)Location
115 N Sumter St SumterFacility
3310 Family Medicine Sumter Suite 400Department
33101000 Family Medicine Sumter Suite 400-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
- Business Informatics
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Consolidation (Financial)
- Financial Management