To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Radnor Township, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director FP&A - Services and Portfolio
VWR International, LLC • Radnor Township, PA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Actively partner with the Global L1 leaders of the Biopharma Production business unit. Partner with the operating teams, sales teams, and General Managers of the applicable business units to continuously provide critical information, unbiased facts, risks and opportunities and ownership/championing of action planning to enhance growth and operating results. Relentlessly provide controllership guidance to ensure absolute financial integrity. Directs the activities of staff ensuring completion of tasks and attainment of departmental goals. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions to complex business issues. Operates as a recognized expert and leads functional teams.
- Manages personnel activities of staff (reward and recognition, performance review, training and development, hire/fire, etc) Serves as escalation point for issues beyond team authority; resolves conflicts involving technical issues and resources; evaluates and assesses new projects, assigning resources.
- Full P&L responsibility for lines of business or global functional departments/costs.
- Develops and implements annual operating plan and monthly forecasts to accurately reflect current expectations of the business; present to CEO, CFO and division President.
- Leads the business team in developing strong relationships with business leaders to set action plans to achieve annual operating plan; daily interface with field sales team on customer, product, payment, pricing, etc issues.
- Drives monthly/quarterly/TY forecast updates; liaise with Area GM on risks and opportunities; develops financial presentation packages for review with Senior Leadership and various business partners on a periodic basis.
- Develops working capital targets for the business units and coordinates with various business functions on operating plans and initiatives to ensure successful achievement of targets.
- Prepares and reviews monthly results and ad hoc analysis to determine methods of increasing operating productivity through revenue generation, margin expansion and/or cost control.
- Pulses daily sales, margin, mix, cost, headcount, etc. metrics to identify trends/issues.
- Prepares and reviews on an ongoing basis the profitability of zone customers, categories and/or products. Provides recommendations to increase profitability.
- Reviews and develops the financial justification for various capital or operating investments.
- Ensures business activities and processes comply with applicable laws and/or US GAAP.
- Actively participates and leads team on customer proposal/RFQ process/new business proposals/bids.
- Leads key initiatives such as cost, restructuring, pricing actions, financial/reporting issues/questions raised by the business area or operating team, etc.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical skills; demonstrated leadership abilities, and the ability to work in team environments
- Computer Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Ability to work with other executives, managers and owners in developing operating plans and maintaining regular financial reports with the ability to modify or create reporting process to ensure efficient operations and timely reporting
- Independent, self-starter, highly motivated
- Comfortable engaging with VWR customers on contractual negotiations and other matters
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field from an accredited college or university; Graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in finance and/or accounting related fields
- 5+ years partnering with a BioPharma business unit
- 5 years leadership experience
- Six Sigma or Lean training helpful, but not required
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs
Acquired by Avantor in 2017 as a wholly-owned subsidiary, VWR serves as a leading global provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. The combined company is a trusted end-to-end partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million branded and manufactured products, we enable customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com or vwr.com.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .
Job Posting Date: 2018-06-13