To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Centerville, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail - General Manager
JLL • Centerville, GA
Posted 16 days ago
The General Manager will lead the property team in meeting the client’s objectives while overseeing the management, operations, specialty leasing, marketing and financial aspects of a shopping center. This position calls for an assertive, professional leader with strong management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with on-site personnel, corporate JLL employees and client representatives. Other important factors for success include identifying and deploying best practices, as well as the ability to manage and perform to the best interest of JLL and the client.
Management, Operations and Marketing
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and integrity of all areas of buildings, systems and equipment for all property users
- Prepare team to respond in emergency and crisis situations
- Have thorough knowledge of area market including all competitive properties and area demographics
- Maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community affairs representing both the property’s interest and the interest of JLL
- Enforce all tenant lease requirements
- Manage the activities of the property’s marketing manager in conjunction with the regional marketing manager
- Establish an effective working relationship with all department store managers and other key merchants, including specialty tenants to understand and drive sales
- Work in conjunction with property’s leasing agent to execute new and renewal leases to meet or exceed client objectives
- Direct activities of specialty leasing function to optimize temporary tenant and cart occupancy to maximize property revenue
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the property’s leasing specialist to ensure budgeted leasing activity occurs
- Negotiate all tenant rent reduction or termination requests the property’s leasing agent to ensure budgeted leasing activity occurs
- Develop and implement an annual business plan to achieve budgeted net operating income for property Manage property’s capital expenditures to budgeted levels
- Direct the preparation and implementation of all annual financial reports including the annual budget, management plan, marketing plan, marketing budget, and annual report
- Direct the preparation and submission to asset manager of all monthly/quarterly financial reports, forecasts and sales reports
- Monitor the collections of all rents and execute appropriate collection process
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the property’s asset manager
- Function as primary point of contact to asset manager for all issues relating to the property
- Interact frequently with property’s regional managers and leasing team to ensure consistent high quality interaction with asset management firm
- Formally communicate as appropriate with asset manager to inform him/her of activities at the property to enhance his/her opinion of the quality of management services delivered by JLL
- Employee Management
- Direct and supervise the activities of all property employees
- Develop a personnel action plan for each direct report to identify opportunities for further career development. Ensure that all supervisory employees do the same for their direct reports
- Provide regular feedback to employees via annual performance objectives, mid-year reviews, annual reviews, and other communication mechanisms
- Coordinate appropriate training for property personnel
- Establish course of action for team to accomplish goals and evaluate results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
Years of relevant experience
- 5 – 10 years of experience in retail property management
Skills and knowledge
- Competency using Microsoft Office, navigating the internet, general use of personal computer Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism
- Ability to problem solve and provide actionable and positive feedback
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Real Estate License
Physical work requirements and work condition
Can involve standing and walking; working nights and weekend
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]